The following participation guidelines apply to Organisers, Chairs, Presenters and Discussants of Invited Paper Sessions (IPS) and Contributed Paper/Poster Sessions (CPS) of the 63rd WSC.
IP sessions (90 minutes long) can either have
- three speakers and one discussant (25 mins per talk and 15 mins discussion), or
- three speakers and no discussant (30 mins per talk including Q&A), or
IP sessions (60 minutes long) can have two speakers (30 mins per talk).
Panel sessions are also possible (60 mins or 90 mins).
The submission should follow the guidelines on the Submission Page.
- An organizer can submit more than one IPS.
- Each individual can present only one paper as an oral presenter during the 63rd WSC. Exceptions will be granted only in unusual circumstances and requests must be approved by the Chair of the Scientific Programme Committee (SPC). All requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A co-author of a paper being presented by someone else is not counted as a presenter. Hence it is possible for an individual to be a co-author of multiple papers being presented at the 63rd WSC.
- Participation as Discussant is not counted as participation as Presenter.
- An individual can serve as a Chair or a Discussant in more than one session provided that there is no scheduling conflict.
- Within the same session, any individual, including the Session Organiser, can take up the role of either Presenter or Chair or Discussant, but should not assume any two such roles.
- All Organisers, Chairs, Presenters and Discussants of any session must be registered participants of the WSC. Exceptions may be granted to Organisers who are unable to attend, but not to individuals in any of the other roles.